Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everybody.

So I must admit I am sucker for Glee. I just watched the Christmas special and must say I was touched. Regardless of what people think of the show, I think it spreads a good message (sometimes). But to step back for a second, I think it's great the way the show started. It probably made hundreds of peoples' dream come true-- from the writers, directors, to the very actors and singers we see on TV. It's a great thing to see something go from a thought, a show about glee club, into a full blown reality, that involves shows, movies, DVD's, CD's, karaoke even! 

I wanted to touch a little more on the Christmas special. The end they show that it's about giving and sharing love, time, and money-- not just to those who WE love but to those who need it too. I hope everyone can remember that there are people less fortunate than us and that by giving just a little, we could easily make another person's dream come true.

This post sort of serves as a call to the community, that we are doing this not for money or pride, but that we want to invest in something that's greater than each us individually. I want to thank the team that has come together to help me so far because I think we can do something great together. I want to thank Shelby, Nigel, Rachel, Evan, and Julie for their support and help in bringing this to where it is and I know it can only grow from here.

I hope we can really spread the word that there are people out there that want to help make dreams come true. Not just our own, but for those who need the extra care and love. Because of this, one of the first places we are reaching out too is the Make a Wish Foundation, along with other charities and church organizations. We hope that we can use them as a beacon for hope and to have these people they reach share their dreams also.

Together, we can all make dreams come true. 


Christmas Tree from Athaneum at Cal Tech.





No comments: